23 February 2017
Publications involving ICGP research staff
- Crowley, D., Collins, C., Delargy, I., Laird, E., & Van Hout, MC (2017). Irish General Practitioner attitudes toward decriminalisation and medical use of cannabis: Results from a National Survey. Harm Reduction Journal. In press.
- Delargy, I., O Shea, M., Van Hout, MC., & Collins, C. (2016). General Practitioners perspectives on and attitudes toward the Methadone Treatment Protocol in Ireland. Heroin Addiction and Related Clinical Problems. 18,4, pp43-50.
- Crowley, D., Collins, C., Delargy, I., Laird, E., & Van Hout, MC (2017). Irish General Practitioner attitudes toward decriminalisation and medical use of cannabis: Results from a National Survey. Harm Reduction Journal. 14, 4. DOI: 10.1186/s12954-016-0129-7
- Claire Collins and Andree Rochfort (2016). Promoting Self-Management and Patient Empowerment in Primary Care, Primary Care in Practice - Integration is Needed, Dr. Oreste Capelli (Ed.), InTech, DOI: 10.5772/62763. Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/books/primary-care-in-practice-integration-is-needed/promoting-self-management-and-patient-empowerment-in-primary-care
- Delargy, I., O Shea, M., Van Hout, MC., & Collins, C. (2016). A survey of General Practitioners participating in the Irish Methadone Treatment Programme: profiles and attitudes. Heroin Addiction and Related Clinical Problems. Published online before print March 23rd 2016.
- Van Hout, MC ., Collins, C., Delargy, I., & Crowley, D.,(2016). Irish general practitioner (GP) perspectives toward decriminalisation, legalisation and cannabis for therapeutic purposes (CTP). International Journal of Addiction and Mental Health. Early Online.
- M O'Riordan, G Doran, C Collins. Access to Diagnostics in Primary Care and the Impact on a Primary Care Led Health Service. Irish Medical Journal Vol. 108 No. 2, February 2015.
- Ailis ni Riain, Catherine Vahey, Conor Kennedy, Stephen Campbell, Claire Collins. Roadmap for developing a national quality indicator set for general practice. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance Vol. 28 No. 4, 2015 pp. 382-393, DOI 10.1108/IJHCQA-09-2014-0091.
- Daly M, Collins C. Testing for STIs in General Practice in Ireland. NIHS Bulletin Vol 7 Issue 2.
- O'Brien JG, Ní Riain A, Collins C, Long V, O'Neill D. Irish GPs' Experience of Dealing with Elder Abuse. NIHS Bulletin Vol 7 Issue 2.
- Rochfort A. Patient Empowerment for Patient Self-Management: Wonca Europe 20th Anniversary Project 2015. Chapter in WONCA, Wonca World Book of Family Medicine – European Edition 2015.http://www.woncaeurope.org/content/world-book-family-medicine-european-edition-2015-table-content
- Collins C. Health Needs Assessment. Chapter in WONCA, Wonca World Book of Family Medicine – European Edition 2015. http://www.woncaeurope.org/content/world-book-family-medicine-european-edition-2015-table-content
- Conor Kennedy, Catherine Vahey and Claire Collins (2014),"Trust me, I'm a Doctor: Views of Some Irish Patients towards their GP ", JMED Research, Vol. 2014 (Sept 2014), DOI: 10.5171/2014.75956.
- Collins C, Finn Caitriona, Meade B, O'Cuinneagain F. Strengthening the foundation of general practice evidence in Ireland by addressing the data quality issues in a structured secondary prevention programme for cardiovascular disease. JMED Research; Volume 2014 (May 2014), DOI: 10.5171/2014.315020.
- Kennedy C, O'Brien C, Collins C. Experience of Diagnostic Coding In Irish General Practice: The Practice Perspective. JMED Research Volume 2014 (July 2014), DOI: 10.5171/2014.583528
- Ni Riain A, Collins C.The Challenges of diagnosing community acquired pnenmonia in general practice. NIHS Research Bulletin Jan 2014 7(1): 23.
- Collins C, Fenlon N, Rochfort A, Mansfield G, O'Riordan M. Chronic Condition Self-Management (CCSM) Learning Package for GP Trainees NIHS Research Bulletin Jan 2014 7(1): 47.
- Collins C, Beirne S, Doran G, Patton P, Gensichen J, Kunnamo I, Smith S, Eriksson T, Rochfort A. Systematic Review - The Effectiveness of Educational Interventions for Primary Care Health Professionals Designed to Improve Self-Management in Patients with Chronic Conditions NIHS Research Bulletin Jan 2014 7(1): 48.
- McSharry, P, Finegan P, Collins, C. Educational Needs Assessment on Suicide and Deliberate Self Harm to shape a course in Primary Care. European Journal of General Practice, 2013; 19.
- O'Riordan M, Collins C. Primary Care Teams in Ireland from the Perspective of General Practice. Chapter in Integrated Care in Ireland in an International Context: Challenges for Policy, Institutions and Service User Needs, edited by Tom O'Connor. Cork: Oak Tree Press, July 2013. [Book Chapter]
- O'Brien J, Ni Riain A, Collins C, Long V, O'Neill D. Elder Abuse and Neglect: A survey of Irish general practitioners. Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, 25(5); August 2013 doi: 10.1080/08946566.2013.827955.
- McSharry, P, Finegan P, Collins, C. Primary Care Educational Needs Assessment on Suicide and Deliberate Self Harm. NIHS Bulletin February 2013; 6(4): 39.
- Collins, C. and Janssens, K. 2012. Creating a general (family) practice epidemiological database in Ireland: Data quality issue management. ACM J. Data Inform. Quality 4, 1, Article 2 (October 2012). DOI = 10.1145/2378016.2378018 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2378016.2378018
- Carlos Brotons, Mateja Bulc, Mario R Sammut, Mary Sheehan, Carlos Manuel da Silva Martins, Cecilia Bjo¨ rkelund, Antonius J M Drenthen, Didier Duhot, Su¨ leyman Go¨rpelioglui, Eva Jurgova, Sirkka Keinanen-Kiukkanniemi, Pe´ ter Kota´ nyi, Valia Markou, Irene Morala , Achim Mortsiefer, Leo Pas, Ingrid Pichler, Donatella Sghedoni, Revaz Tataradze, Eleftherios Thireos, Leonas Valius, Jasna Vuchak, Claire Collins, Esther Cornelis, Ramon Ciurana, Pilar Kloppe, Artur Mierzecki, Kakha Nadaraia and Maciek Godycki-Cwirko. Attitudes toward preventive services and lifestyle: the views of primary care patients in Europe. The EUROPREVIEW patient study. Family Practice 2012; 29:i168–i176 doi:10.1093/fampra/cmr102.
- Hayes CB, Collins C, O'Carroll H, Wyse E, Gunning M, Geary, M. Effectiveness of Motivational Interviewing in Influencing Smoking Cessation in Pregnant and Postpartum Disadvantaged Women. Nicotine and Tobacco Research; Oct 2012. doi:10.1093/ntr/nts225.
- Collins C, Richardson J, Finnegan A. Incentives and Motivation of Irish GPs in Respect of External Continuing Medical Education. NIHS Research Bulletin June 2012; 6(3): 42.
- McSharry P, Finegan P and Collins C. Primary Care Educational Needs Assessment on Suicide and Deliberate Self Harm. NIHS Research Bulletin December 2012.
- Sharon M Cooley, Jennifer C Donnelly, Thomas Walsh, Claire Collins, Corrina McMahon, John Gillan and Michael P Geary. The impact of positive acquired thrombophilia serology on ultrasound, obstetric outcome and the placenta in a low-risk primigravid population. DOI: 10.1258/om.2010.100057. Obstetric Medicine 2011; 4: 15-19
- Fitzpatrick P, Lonergan M, Collins C, Daly L. GP-delivered secondary prevention cardiovascular disease programme; early predictors of likelihood of patient non-adherence. EJGP December 2010 16( 4): 241-3 (doi:10.3109/13814788.2010.516360)
- Collins, C., Vahey, C., Sheehan M. Do Irish GPs Take Opportunities to Communicate with Patients about Behaviours which Promote Health and Preventative Examinations? NIHS December 2010 5(4): 17-8.
- Collins C., Finn C., Meade B., O'Cuinneagáin, F. Heartwatch - Strengthening the Foundation of General Practice Evidence in Ireland. NIHS June 2011 6(1): 106.
- Fitzpatrick P, Fitzsimon N, Lonergan M, Collins C, Daly L. GP-delivered programme of secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease; routinely recorded factors as early highlighters of likelihood of patient non-adherence. Faculty of Public Health Medicine Summer Scientific Meeting, May 2010. Ir J Med Sci 2011;179 (Suppl 8): S308.
- Fitzpatrick P, Fitzsimon N, Lonergan M, Collins C, Daly L. The effect of a GP-delivered secondary prevention programme for cardiovascular disease on medication and risk factor profiles at 3.5 years follow-up. Faculty of Public Health Medicine Winter Scientific Meeting, Dec 2009. Ir J Med Sci 2011;179 (Suppl 11): S439.
- Fitzpatrick P, Fitzsimon N, Lonergan M, Collins C, Daly L. Heartwatch: the effect of a primary care-delivered secondary prevention programme for cardiovascular disease on medication use and risk factor profiles. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation Feb 2011 18(1): 129 - 135.
- Barry Lambe and Claire Collins. A qualitative study of lifestyle counselling in general practice in Ireland. Family Practice. Fam. Pract. 2010 27: 219-223.
- Kennedy C, Vahey C and Collins C. Do Irish patients trust their general practitioner? National Institute of Health Sciences Research Bulletin June 2010, 5(3):25-26.
- Lambe B and Collins C. An investigation of behavioural risk factor management in general practice. National Institute of Health Sciences Research Bulletin June 2010, 5(3):27-28.
- Janssens K. Standardizing Consultation Notes: Recording 'Reason for Encounter' as part of an 'Episode of Care' Structure in General Practice Digital Records. FORUM, February 2010.
- Fitzpatrick P, Lonergan M, Collins C, Daly L. GP-delivered secondary prevention cardiovascular disease programme; early predictors of likelihood of patient non-adherence. EJGP, posted online on September 19, 2010. (doi:10.3109/13814788.2010.516360).
- Fitzpatrick P, Fitzsimon N, Lonergan M, Collins C, Daly L. Heartwatch: the effect of a primary-care-delivered secondary prevention programme for cardiovascular disease on medication use and risk factor profiles. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation, posted online July 2, 2010. (doi: 10.1097/HJR.0b013e32833cca7d).
- Barret AS, O'Donnell J, O'Hora A, Collins C, Coughlan S, Joyce M, Moran J, Duffy M, Tuite G, Hall WW, O'Flanagan D. Effectiveness of Swine Flu Vaccination Measured. FORUM October 2010.
- Collins C, Vahey C and Sheehan M. Do Irish GPs take opportunities to communicate with patients about behaviours that promote health and preventative examinations. National Institute of Health Sciences Research Bulletin December 2010, 5(4):17-18.
- Collins C and Janssens K. Creating a general practice epidemiological database in Ireland-data quality issue management. Journal of Data and Information Quality December 2010.