28 February 2018
print version

Q. A General Medical Services (GMS) patient has submitted a Freedom of Information Request for their medical record. How should I proceed?

A. The HSE is a designated body under the Freedom of Information 2014. The medical card patient should submit the FOI request to the HSE and the HSE will then ask you for a copy of the patient's record. If there is a risk that disclosure of the record would be harmful to the patient, you should point this out to the HSE.

Learn More To give you the best possible experience, our sites use cookies. Continuing with cookies enabled means you're OK with this. Click Learn More for more information about our cookies, and how to disable them. ×