We're making some changes to the way you log into your ICGP account. If you haven't seen them already, try logging in now »

Special Circumstances

Page : [ 1 2 ] : Next

Are there any allowances made for retired doctors?

The ICGP held two workshops over the past few months with the aim of discussing the challenges faced by retired GPs in trying to fulfil the PCS requirements and identifying ways of overcoming these challenges. » read more

Finished training: When to enrol

Q. I have finished my training scheme and gone straight to maternity leave. When do I need to enrol on the PCS? » read more

I am commencing maternity leave and am unsure about my obligations in relation to professional competence?

Firstly, if you are on maternity leave or about to take maternity leave, you should contact the ICGP professional
competence team so that we can make a note of this on your record. » read more

I am moving abroad for work. Is there anything I need to do in relation to professional competence before I leave?

If you are moving abroad, you should contact the ICGP so that we can make a note of this on your record. » read more

I am retired, don’t intend to practise medicine anymore and plan to withdraw from the register. What does this mean for me?

If you withdraw your name from the register voluntarily, you can retain the title of "Dr", engage in college or mentoring activities and be able to administer emergency aid in the event of an accident. » read more

I am retiring/emigrating/taking leave from practice and I am not sure what I need to do?

Retiring, extended leave and working abroad. » read more

I don’t see patients as part of my work. How can I fulfil professional competence requirements, especially clinical audit?

Not all doctors see patients. Doctors work in health and clinical service policy development and oversight roles, clinical leadership and management roles, medical advisory roles, medico-legal roles, education and training roles, and many more. » read more

I have been on maternity leave/sick leave this year. What should I do?

The IMC requires that you should notify your training body if you are going on maternity leave or sick leave in excess of three months during a professional competence year. » read more

I work across a number of different roles

There are no special requirements for doctors occupying several roles simultaneously. Once registered, a doctor has the right to practise medicine. » read more

I work on a part-time or occasional basis

There are no special requirements for doctors working less than full-time, or on an occasional basis. » read more

Page : [ 1 2 ] : Next
Learn More To give you the best possible experience, our sites use cookies. Continuing with cookies enabled means you're OK with this. Click Learn More for more information about our cookies, and how to disable them. ×